City Dads Group and Plum Organics® will team to support children and families in need Nov. 29 by donating, packing and distributing food in seven U.S. locations as part of #GivingTuesday outreach efforts.
Plum Organics, the nation’s leading organic baby food brand, has agreed to donate more than 24,000 meals to charitable organizations chosen by seven City Dads Group chapters.
“We are thrilled to join forces with Plum Organics to help families in need across the United States this holiday season,” said Matt Schneider, co-founder of City Dads Group. “#GivingTuesday has become a staple of our annual calendar, and we appreciate the opportunity to give back to these important local organizations.”
Where are we helping on #GivingTuesday
Our members will help unpack/repack, stock and distribute the Plum Organics donation to the following organizations:
- Chicago Dads Group will assist clients of Little City Foundation, an organization that offers education, training, skills and encouragement to children and adults with autism and other intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Dallas Dads Group has chosen to work with the food pantry of Jewish Family Service of Greater Dallas, which helps local families in need regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or ability to pay.
- Denver Dads Group will assist Food Bank of the Rockies, a food pantry that distributes 131,000 meals each day through more than 500 hunger relief partner agencies.
- The Los Angeles and NYC Dads Groups will help GOOD+ Foundation, formerly known as Baby Buggy, a nonprofit group that works with a network of more than 100 community-based organizations across the country to distribute essentials to families in need.
- San Francisco Dads Group has selected the SF-Marin Food Bank to be its partner. The nonprofit provides more than 100,000 meals a day through 250 area food pantries.
- Twin Cities Dads Group will volunteer with Second Harvest Heartland, one of the nation’s largest food banks.
“We believe every little one deserves the nutrients, vitamins and calories she or he needs to grow and thrive. For this reason, we donate millions of our nutritious organic meals and snacks to kids in need across America.” says Mandy Geisler, senior marketing manager at Plum Organics. “We are excited to partner with City Dads Group in seven of their locations to help us deliver on our mission.”
City Dads Group members and others who are not able to participate in any of these events in person can follow our work on Twitter and Instagram. By using hashtags #PlumParents and #GivingTuesday, you can see pictures of our dads across the country supporting families in need.
What is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a global day of outreach dedicated to helping others meant to kick-off the holiday season and inspire people to collaborate in improving their local communities and to give back in impactful ways to the charities and causes.
#GivingTuesday started in 2012, in part as a response to the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping events. It originated as a collaboration between New York’s 92nd Street Y, a longtime NYC Dads Group partner, and the United Nations Foundation. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide annually participate in the day.
This will be third consecutive year City Dads outposts around the country have participated in #GivingTuesday activities, but it is the first time the fatherhood support network has had a national sponsor for its work. In past years, our chapter members from San Francisco to New York City have assisted at local food banks, held diaper drives, and donated goods and clothes to shelters for homeless or abused children.
DISCLOSURE: Plum Organics is partnering with City Dads Group for the #GivingTuesday work mentioned above through a donation of goods and financial compensation.
Mike Heenan says
I am so very proud to be a part of #GivingTuesday with these guys, several years running, and this year in particular. 1 in 5 children in the U.S. are food-insecure. That statistic is STAGGERING and anything I (we) can do to help, count me in!