Start a Group
Want to start a dads group? We work with teams of dads across the country to grow dynamic and diverse groups of active fathers in and around large metropolitan areas.
City Dads Groups and their organizers recognize:
- Dads can be caring and capable parents
- Dads want to be involved in the decisions, drudgery, pains and joys of parenthood
- Dads benefit from opportunities to socialize and support each other
- Dads come in all stripes: stay-at-home and breadwinning, single and married, gay and straight, and from different races, nations and religious beliefs
A City Dads Group should:
- Cover a large metropolitan area – Every City Dads Group is organized in and around a major city. It should strive to include neighboring suburbs within a reasonable distance.
- Have a committed leadership team – When you start a dads group, it will be tough at first. We have found that a small team with a diverse skill set works best. If you are on your own, reach out to us to see if we know someone else in your area who would be a good match.
- Hold regular Meetups – Organize a mix of playgroups, “Dads Night Outs,” and other events every month to maintain the interest and entice growth of a diverse membership.
- Engage in social media – Connect with the general public local media and local parenting resources as well as group members by using multiple social media channels such as a blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Be business friendly – Being open to work with brands and service providers – local and national – that relevant to our members and promote a good image of modern fatherhood.
Here’s how we help you:
- Start-Up – We work with you to establish a Meetup page, social media channels, URLs, logos, messaging, etc.
- Support – Organizers from around the country shares ideas and best practices to help your group grow and thrive
- Recognition – Immediate connection to national and international conversations about fatherhood, parenting, education, play, and more
- Opportunity – We’ve been able to create sponsorship programs that give members a great experience and give brands an opportunity to reach our audience.
If this all sounds good, let’s talk. We start groups from scratch, but we’ve also welcomed existing groups to become City Dads Groups. Fill out this short survey, and we’ll be in touch.