City Dads Group is a dynamic and diverse community of fathers dedicated to being active in their children’s lives and, by example, redefining what it means to be a dad in the 21st century. City Dads Group has chapters in major metropolitan areas throughout the United States.
City Dads Group brings fathers together, online and in real life, to:
- Support each other’s efforts to be the best father and parenting partner he can be
- Share parenting perspectives, knowledge and experiences – good and bad – with each other and those who care about them
- Demonstrate that the new reality of parenting includes caring and capable fathers who are actively involved in the upbringing of their children
City Dads Group accomplishes these things through:
- Meetups – Bringing dads together, with and without our kids, for social time and support through playdates, Dads Nights Out, educational workshops and special events
- New Dad Boot Camps – Workshops where veteran dads help new and expectant fathers learn the ropes of baby care and how to be an engaged parenting partner
- Social media – An active, award-winning blog and regularly postings on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ among other sites
- The Modern Dads Podcast – A regular online talk show with guest experts in parenting, education, work-life balance and other topics relating to modern parenthood
- Outreach – Local and national campaigns for dad- and parenting-related causes.
- Media/brand representation – Working with reporters, brands and entertainment outfits to encourage more accurate and positive representation of fathers and fatherhood in media, advertising and entertainment.