July 4th is upon us a time for family, friends, food, and fireworks. In and around Chicagoland there are some great places to watch them too. From Downtown Chicago all throughout the ‘burbs you can find a great place to get your KaBoom on. Here is the Chicago Dads Group List of Kaboom (Our favorite Chicagoland Fireworks Displays):
Chicago Dads Group List of Kaboom!
- Navy Pier: Fireworks will kick off at 9:30 pm, but you may want to head down a little early to get a good spot. Fortunately, Navy Pier is in a great location making this display easy to see just about anywhere along the waterfront. If you miss the display on the fourth, no worries they do it all summer long check out the schedule here: Navy Pier Fireworks Schedule
- Itasca: Itasca boasts the largest July 4th fireworks display in the Chicagoland area over at Hamilton Lakes. Admission is free, but parking may cost you. Arrive early and you’ll get to see Maggie Speaks, one of the Chicago-area’s hottest live shows. For more details visit Itasca 4th of July Celebration Event.
- Skokie: Skokie is doing a “3D” fireworks display this year. We’ll be honest we don’t know what that means but, the first 10,000 people to Niles West High School get a pair of 3-D glasses. They also get free entertainment from live bands. 3D got you curious? Go here for more details: 3-D Fireworks Festival.
- Lisle – Eyes to the Skies: This one is a weekend festival. Their grand show is on July 2nd (the last day of the festival). Plan on $10.00 a person 9 and up (unless you are a resident of Lisle). This one is a carnival, music festival, hot-air balloon extravaganza, that also happens to have some fireworks. get all the details and buy tickets here: Lisle – Eyes to the Skies.
- Rosemont – Rockin’ the Park: This is part of Rosemont’s Rockin’ the Park summer concert series at MB Financial Park. On July Fourth the concert by Eagle’s tribute band Heartache Tonight will be followed by a special Fourth of July Fireworks Display. If you miss this one they are doing free concerts and fireworks all summer long more info here: Rockin’ the Park Summer Concert Series.
It is possible we’ve missed one of your favorite Chicagoland fireworks displays. If so please don’t be shy share it in the comments or send us the details. We’ll, gladly, add it to the list. Better yet go to our meetup page and create an event so that a couple other dads and their families can join you in a little Kaboom!