With school on winter recess and families hunkered down for what may be the toughest season yet in the world’s COVID-19 crisis, this is a good time to brush up on your pandemic parentings skills.
What are those?
Motivating your children to exercise rather than plop down with the electronics.
Keeping the little ones busy so you can do your work.
Making online learning work for you and your kids.
Our longtime partner Dove Men+Care has been overseeing a “Dads Care” campaign series of dad-written and -produced “how to” videos in 2020, many of which cover topics specific to parenting in pandemic times. The men’s grooming products company recently cultivated several topical playlists from this collection to assist moms and dads struggling these days.
Dove Men+Care also broke down these videos into smaller playlists. One focuses on working parents, the other on remote learning. These pandemic parenting videos are include:
- How to keep kids entertained while working from home
- How to help your children learn from home
- How to teach kids to manage and express stress
- How to wash your hands properly (featuring DJ Khaled)
- How to give your child a haircut
Several City Dads Group members have made these “Dads Care” videos, some of which have been highlighted on this blog and in these playlists. You can views all the videos in the series at DadsCare.com.
Dove Men+Care has long been committed to shattering outdated stereotypes about what it means to be a man and a father. City Dads Group has worked with them multiple times to help champion men in their roles as fathers. These causes include:
- working to establish universal paid paternity leave in the United States,
- the “Fathers Day Taken Fund” to help for families of black fathers who have lost their lives due to racism and violence, and
- thanking father figures who have mentored children who are not their own.