What matters most to men in America? Well, there is more to this answer than sex. In a nationwide survey of about 1,500 guys, Spike TV partnered with Men’s Health Magazine to find out some answers to this question. Some of the survey results were interesting and certainly worth sharing. Here are some highlights:
- 25% say stress is a major factor in their life
- 42% say they do more work around the house than their father’s did
- 50% agree that they give up some masculinity to be nurturing fathers
- 45% would be “very willing” to stay at home if their wives earned more money
- 57% of men in a relationship enjoy grocery shopping
- 72% believe the role of a man has changed from a generation ago
As with most survey results, we don’t have all of the information about the guys surveyed – age of the men, how many are single vs. married vs married with kids, etc. It’s still interesting to see important topics surface in the survey results like family, housework, and the changing roles of men. I personally find food shopping to be one of my favorite weekly rituals to with with my son at our local Fairway Market. You can review the rest of The State of Man survey results here.