Prepare to be dazzled by The Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze.
This mesmerizing, immersive experience is an outdoor walk among thousands of illuminated hand-carved pumpkins. Seeing these creative displays in person is truly one of those fantastic, autumn experiences that you need to witness. Photos, word of mouth hype, and even this post just don’t do this annual Halloween treat justice.
The thematic, jaw-dropping installations create a wonderful, family-friendly experience. It will keep the adrenaline pumping whether you experience the show at the Old Bethpage Village Restoration on Long Island or Van Cortlandt Manor in the Hudson Valley.
Our family visited the Long Island location. Here, you navigate the sometimes spooky, but generally tame foot paths past The Statue of Liberty, dinosaurs, a larger-than-life spiderweb, cemeteries, a pumpkin tunnel and sunflower fields all designed using intricately, hand-carved pumpkins.
Including our munching on apple cider donuts (unlike last year, the gift shop is open this time around), gazing at the exhibits took our family approximately 45 minutes to complete.
If you’ve been to The Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze on Long Island before, this year you’ll see a few new displays: an 80-foot circus train, sea monster and an electrifying LED light-display on the barn. Our only negative comment is that we wish there were more of these new exhibits.
The key details for either Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze location:
🎃 ADVANCE TICKETS REQUIRED
- Admission is by timed ticket entry. This ensures crowds are controlled and everyone is socially distanced. Do not show up at the venue to buy tickets; you will be turned away.
- Tickets sell out fast! Buy now even if you plan to go later. The experience is open through Nov. 7.
- Ticket prices range from $40 to $48 per person.
- Parking is free.
🎃 IT’S OUTDOORS
- Blaze is a self-guided, touch-free experience set on the beautiful grounds of historic, Old Bethpage Village Restoration (Old Bethpage, Long Island) and Van Cortlandt Manor (Croton-on-the-Hudson in Westchester County).
- The outdoor gift shop includes cider donuts, popcorn, light-up necklaces and more.
🎃 MASK POLICY
- Required for unvaccinated visitors.
- Encouraged for vaccinated visitors.
Disclaimer: NYC Dads Group received complimentary tickets in exchange for a review. Thoughts, comments, and opinions have not been swayed by the free tickets.