How great would it be to never need to buy another Mother’s Day card that will probably end up in a box, on a shelf, or (eek) in the trash? What if you could make something super simple and amazing that Mom can keep forever and look at any time with every single Mother’s Day “card” all in one place?
Make a Mother’s Day Journal! This is where the mom in you life can record special moments on her big day and where you can the kids can express your love for her year after year.
Mother’s Day Journal Materials
- Stickers or anything else you want to put on the cover and/or back
- Mod Podge (I like the antique)
- Foam brush
- Decorate the cover with anything you want. I went with some Mother’s Day stickers from a craft store and letters so that I could spell out “Journal.”
- Using the foam brush, apply the Mod Podge liberally over the cover (be careful not to drip onto pages). This will make sure that everything is protected over time.
- Reapply 2-3 coats
- If you want, decorate the back and apply more Mod Podge.
Next steps in your Mother’s Day Journal journey
- Write a little note explaining what it is, and how to use it in the many years to come
- Have the kids write their Mother’s Day wishes in the journal. This will be their tradition from here om end.
- Sit back and reap the benefits of being an awesome dad with an awesome idea!