City Dads Group will again be strongly represented when the annual Dad 2.0 Summit for fathers convenes in San Diego later this week.
Representatives from 16 of 26 City Dads Group chapters around the country are expected to attend the Feb. 9-12, 2017, event. Dad 2.0, which has sold out in each of its six years, is a national conference where marketers, social media leaders, blogging parents and regular dads get together to discuss the changing voice and perception of modern fatherhood.
“This is our sixth time attending the Dad 2.0 Summit,” noted City Dads Group co-founder Lance Somerfeld. “There are few business trips or experiences that are worth being away from our families — that’s a true testament to how valuable, inspirational, and educational we find the Dad 2.0 Summit to be.”
According to its organizers, this should be its largest Dad 2.0 Summit yet with more than 425 attendees expected. This year’s event sold its last ticket nearly seven weeks earlier than its previous best, and will include new big-name sponsors Facebook and Russell athletic wear as well as returning favorites Dove Men+Care, Kia motors and Best Buy. (Disclosure: City Dads Group is an associate media sponsor for the event.)
During the conference, City Dads Group will host a meeting for its chapter organizers and contributors who are in attendance. The meeting will cover the organization’s upcoming plans for work with several brands along with other ongoing developments, according to City Dads Group co-founder Matt Schneider.
“Dad 2.0 has always been one of our favorite events of the year to meet dads and to meet brands that might be interested in connecting with our community. Over the last two years, it has also become an opportunity for us to connect with our organizers and contributors from around the country,” he said.
Sixteen of our members will also share their unique perspectives on fatherhood as well as their expertise in various fields, such as social media, publishing, photography and more as speakers or panelists at the summit. City Dads Group members slated to speak are:
- Mike Adamick, San Francisco Dads Group — MikeAdamick.com
- Creed Anthony, Indianapolis Dads Group — Tales From the Poop Deck
- Charlie Capen, Los Angeles Dads Group — How To Be A Dad
- Mitch Chaitin, NYC Dads Group — GayNYCDad
- Brian Craig, Indianapolis Dads Group — Lone Pair of Blue Jeans in a Sea of Yoga Pants
- Daniel De Guia, San Francisco Dads Group – Fit To Be Dad
- Jason Greene, NYC Dads Group — One Good Dad
- Mike Heenan, San Francisco Dads Group — At-Home Dad Matters
- Aaron Gouveia, Boston Dads Group — Daddy Files
- Jim Higley, Chicago Dads Group — Bobblehead Dad
- Pat Jacobs, Chicago Dads Group — Pat Jacobs Images
- Jim Joseph, NYC Dads Group
- Joël Lëoj, Los Angeles Dads Group — 3 J’s and 1 S
- Doyin Richards, Los Angeles Dads Group — Daddy Doin’ Work
- Tommy Riles, Los Angeles Dads Group — co-founder, Life of Dad
- Lance Somerfeld, NYC Dads Group — co-founder of City Dads Group
- Kevin Zelenka, Las Vegas Dads Group — Double Trouble Daddy