I just got home from the Bronx Zoo with my son, Jake, and we’re already looking forward to our next trip – our third of this spring.
“Isn’t that expensive?” you may ask.
My answer: Not if you get a membership to the Wildlife Conservation Society.
After our second time at the zoo this year, I started to feel the pinch in my wallet. After a little online research, we learned how a membership pays for itself after a few trips and provides a year’s worth of entertainment.
Get the best deal for the Bronx Zoo:
- Go to the Wildlife Conservation Society membership page.
- Chose the plan and price that best suits your family.
Some of the options include:
- Unlimited admission for two adults and all your kids (up to 18 years old) to not just the Bronx Zoo but also to the New York Aquarium in Brooklyn and the city zoos in Central Park, Prospect Park and Queens.
- Unlimited admission to certain attractions and rides
- Free parking (for an additional one-time add-on fee)
- A 10% discount on food and souvenirs
- Discounts on tickets to special events and attractions, such as the Bronx Zoo’s annual Holiday Lights
Imagine all the different adventures, fun and memories you could create with the kids for one price.
Say you get the membership this week. At-home parents could take their children for just a few hours on a weekday morning (better because it’s less crowded), see two or three of the myriad of exhibits the zoo has to offer, grab lunch at the concession stands (or pack your own and save) then still make it home for the kids’ mid-day nap. You had a great day, right?
Then, do the same thing again in a week … or two … or three. You’re a member now, so pull out your membership cards and bring the kids back to the Bronx Zoo at no additional charge.
See just a few new exhibits each time because, as we all know, a young child’s attention span can last for only so long, and after several visits, you’ve seen the entire zoo and maybe more. After or in between, visit the aquarium and other zoos – admission fee already paid.
That’s what Jake and I plan to do this summer, and we highly recommend that you consider it, too. You and your kids will love it.
Photo credits: Seal and polar bear – Always Home and Uncool. Bronx Zoo entry gate: Wikipedia