Wheels Wheels Wheels! Bring out the kiddos and their bikes for a fun day in the sun. Whether they are riding on their own, have training wheels, a balance bike, a tricycle, a big wheel, a skateboard, a scooter, roller blades/skates, or even those sneakers with the wheels in back, bring em out.
Freedom Park has lots paved pathways, much of which are shaded and relatively flat. There is also a large playground. Even if your kid doesn’t ride, it can still be a fun time at one of Charlotte’s most popular parks, bonding with other dad’s and their kids.
What to expect:
– The parking lot will be busy and spots in the shade are at a premium.
– It will be hot. Pack water bottles (they have a few water fountains around the park to refill them).
– Don’t forget sunscreen, helmets, knee/elbow pads, etc.
– Ice Cream trucks or other Snack/Treat vendors are frequently there in the summer. Bring cash if you think you might want something.
– Sweat. It will be unavoidable. Embrace it.
– Making new friends.
For more information on Freedom Park…