Over 40 cities will be taking part in this year’s national Fathers Eve events the night before Fathers Day and now Providence will be one of them! We’ve secured a charity fundraising deal with the Pawtucket Red Sox for a block of tickets for the home game that evening against Rochester. Here’s the info:
• Ticket cost: $10 each, with $5 of that admission fee going directly to the organization of our choice.
That means that half of your ticket fee will go direct to our chosen organization for the 2017 event: Amos House
More about Amos House here: http://www.amoshouse.com/WhoWeAre/AboutAmosHouse.aspx
Amos House does a lot of work helping local fathers connect with their children to be positive, engaged role models. We couldn’t think of a better fundraising partner for our event.
• To reserve a ticket in our block, you must…
(1) RSVP here (so we know who’s coming) AND
(2) Order your ticket directly through our fundraising account with the PawSox (so you have a ticket). Here’s the link and account info:
You can print at home or have the tickets waiting for you at the Will Call window the day of the event. Please send me a message on Meetup if you have any issues ordering tickets in our account block.
• Event Details: Game time is 6:15. Doors open an hour earlier, so lets meet outside the main gate entrance at 5:00 (before ticket entry). We’ll enter the stadium at 5:15 to set up a Dads Group area in the open space General Admission Berm seating area. Please arrive by 5:30 latest so we can take some group photos before the game starts.
If this is will be your first meetup with the group, I can’t think of a better one! We look forward to meeting you.
• Just a quick note: We all love our families and enjoy spending time with them, but this event is a Dads Night Out, so take one evening to enjoy being at an event that is dads/guys only! Granddads, expectant dads, guys thinking about being dads, guys who should be dads but don’t know it yet are welcome, too, of course.