International Babywearing Week is October 5 – 11. The NYC Dads Group had such a blast participating in this important baby bonding event the past few years – strolling through the Central Park Zoo, walking over the Brooklyn Bridge, and observing priceless art at the MET Museum. Now that we are a national network of dad groups, we’re planning something BIGGER to “Share the Adventure” and raise awareness this year throughout the nation.
We’ve organized a major, national multi-City Dads Group effort. More than 100 City Dads Group members in 13 metropolitan cities across the country will be gathering, meeting-up, and taking leisurely walks together at iconic and well-known locations. Check out the diverse range of meetups we have planned across America:
- SF Dads Group: Taking a walking tour of the new Levis Football Stadium
- Columbus Dads Group: Walking around the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
- Atlanta Dads Group: Taking a walking tour at World of Coca Cola
- NYC Dads Group: Strolling the High Line Park in Manhattan
- LA Dads Group: Taking a walking tour of Griffith Park Observatory
- Philly Dads Group: Walking tour – Sister Cities Park to “Rocky Steps” of Art Museum
- Chicago Dads Group: Walking tour from Michigan Avenue over to Millennium Park
- Denver Dads Group: Taking a walk into Riverfront Park
- Boston Dads Group: Walking along Freedom Trail by Boston Commons
- Indy Dads Group: Taking a leisure walk along the Monon Trail
- ABQ Dads Group: Hiking in Mariposa Basin Park
- Vegas Dads Group: Taking a walk along historic Fremont Street
- Dallas Dads Group: Strolling through Klyde Warren Park
Want to join us? The ultimate goal of our babywearing events are getting dads together for an invigorating meet-up that involves a fall babywearing walk with some other cool, active, and nurturing dads. Regardless of what baby carrier you may own, we hope more of you will grab your baby and carrier, and plan to join us in your city for these wonderful events on Thursday, October 9.
A special thanks to our sponsor, Britax, for supporting active fathers and supplying us with amazing gear for the events.
International Babywearing Week (Oct 5 – 11, 2014) is a focused opportunity to celebrate, promote, and advocate the many benefits of Babywearing. Infants thrive on touch so wearing your baby is an important way to meet this need. There are so many other advantages and benefits like bonding with your baby, less crying (carried babies cry less), building confident parents, comfort, and convenience so you have both hands free. Babywearing International Inc. is proud to lead babywearers around the globe who will be gathering during the week to educate about, practice, and celebrate the varied options available today for safe babywearing. We’re excited about the opportunity to celebrate such an important facet of caregiving! Hopefully, you will cheer us on or join our parade on Thursday, October 9 on The High Line. See you there!
*Disclosure: City Dads Group has been compensated for this sponsored meet-up. We only work with brands that create products or services that we believe in and use ourselves. The opinions expressed in this blog entry are authentic and our own