Planning to send your child to a summer camp? Then start doing your research now.
To help, our friends at New York Family magazine run free annual camp fairs to help find the right one for your child. Representatives from some of best day and sleepaway camps from in and around the New York City come to these fairs to meet you and your children to help find the best fit for all. A specialist from the American Camp Association-NY/NJ, also a sponsor of the events, will also be on hand to answer questions about researching camps, speaking to facility directors, and how to best narrow down your choices.
New York Family has five fairs are scheduled around the city in the next few weeks:
- Saturday, Jan. 28 — St. Jean Baptiste High School, 167 E. 75th St., Upper East Side
- Sunday, Jan. 29 — Congregation Rodeph Sholom, 7 W. 83rd St., Upper West Side
- Saturday, Feb. 4 — Berkeley Carroll School, 181 Lincoln Place, Park Slope
- Saturday, Feb. 11 — Borough of Manhattan Community College, 199 Chambers St., Tribeca
- Sunday, Feb. 12 — Brooklyn Heights Montessori School, 9 Bergen St., Cobble Hill
For maps, directions and registration for each event, which runs from noon to 3 p.m., visit the New York Family Camp Fair page.