Frustrated by child car seats? You are not alone as many (if not most) parents have at one time or another struggled with installing a seat or wondered whether with child restraint system they are using is the right one.
As this is national Child Passenger Safety Week, City Dads Group has put together this list of car seat resources to make your life easier and the life of your child safer:
- Precious cargo in the city: Child car seat / booster seat safety FAQ – NYC Dads Group/Britax (downloadable PDF)
- How to find the right car seat – SaferCar.gov
- Choosing the right seat – NHTSA
- How to install a child safety seat – DMV.gov
- Have a certified child passenger safety technician check your car seat installation – SafeKids.org
City Dads Group will also host a #TheRightSeat webinar at 9 p.m. Eastern time Wednesday, Sept 16, led by car seat safety expert Sarah Tilton — aka “The Car Seat Whisper” — from stroller and car seat maker Britax.
Members of our City Dads Groups from around the country will also be tweeting the knowledge Tilton is laying down for those not on the webinar. Log on to Twitter that night and follow #TheRightSeat, @Britax and @CityDadsGroup to follow the action.